Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Gorillas, Gorillas, Gorillas!

Hi Everyone!
I'm so excited to be posting for the first time as an Art Neko DT member.
I've always had a fascination with gorillas, so when I seen this stamp from Art Neko Baby Gorillas in poses I knew I had to have it and make an inspirational card with it. I stamped the gorillas on white vellum with stazon black ink and overlayed that onto a leaf cover up die cut from Fun Stampers Journey that I had glued onto an A2 sized olive green card front, I used my sewing machine to add real wonky stitching to the card, which is super fun to do. I then glued with double sided tape the completed card front onto the same color olive green A2 sized card base. For the inside I found a quote from one of the leading pioneers of Gorilla research Dian Fossey, I printed that quote out from my PC onto white cardstock and cute it out with a rectangle die and glued that to the inside of the card "When you realize the value of all life, you dwell less on what is past and concentrate more on the preservation of the future." (Dian Fossey) This quote is so true! For a detailed process video on my YouTube channel CLICK HERE My blog post in Art Neko Galleries Blog Be sure to check out all the other GREAT blog posts from all the talented Art Neko Blog Design Team members!






No comments:

Post a Comment